Top 10 on the 10th this month is dedicated to a few of the most random things I’m a bit obsessed with this summer. Hopefully you’ll all get introduced to some new stuff you didn’t know about instead of just thinking I’m a little crazier than you had already determined. ;-)
10. Big Straws from IKEA – I realize that this sounds ridiculous. But if you’ve got a 24oz Tervis hang with me here – these straws are big enough to fit in the straw hole, reach the bottom of the Tervis and stick out the top by about 2.5 inches. No more washing straws because these babies are only $1.49 for 100 at IKEA. It’s possible that I now own 400.
9. Crystal Deodorant – Someone told me about this deodorant last month and I have to admit that I was skeptical. But have you ever read the ingredient list on your deodorant? Do you really want to rub a bunch of chemicals into your skin right next to your lymph nodes every day? This stuff is chemical free and approved by the National Cancer Insitute, AND – it’s the best deodorant I’ve ever used. No joke.
8. Complete Vegetarian Cookbook – We’ve enjoyed every single thing we’ve made from this book. Homemade pasta, Vinaigrette salad with herbed goat cheese nuggets, Pinto bean and swiss chard burritos, and our recent favorite – Jalapeno Veggie Tostadas! Seriously – you don’t have to be a vegetarian to love this cookbook.
7. Nutri Ninja Smoothies – My Magic Bullet that I’d loved for about 10 years died a few months ago so I was surprised with a Ninja blender for my b-day. Not only does it make super smooth smoothies, but it also replaced about 3 other appliances in our kitchen – huge win for cabinet space!
6. She Reads Truth Women Study – I just started this study about a week ago and it might be the best I’ve ever done with SRT. They also just started one on Women from the New Testament that I plan to jump into next.
5. Anything written by Gayle Forman – I’ve said it a million times, I’d read Gayle’s grocery list. Fantastic summer reads!
4. Waxhaw Creamery – Okay, seriously, if you’re looking for REAL ice cream go here. It’s awesome. It’s homemade. It’s packed with a line out to the parking lot every single night because it’s that good. Go. Thank me later.
3. Yo-Yo Ma – I love it when a book I read opens my eyes to something I wouldn’t have found otherwise. One of my favorite books this summer was about a young cellist that everyone kept comparing to Yo-Yo Ma. After reading so much about Yo-Yo Ma and falling in love with this main character I had to check out the music and I wasn’t disappointed. If you’re open to something a little different than the typical classical music I highly recommend The Goat Rodeo Sessions with Yo-Yo Ma.
2. Magnolia Market T-shirt – My parents got me this t-shirt for my birthday and I was in love immediately. I’m pretty obsessed with JoJo and Chip Gaines, but it’s also the softest, most comfortable shirt I own. Apparently it’s also JoJo’s favorite. ;-)
1. Live Music – We’ve had a blast this summer catching live music almost every weekend. We love Blakeney, and we’re going to check out a few in Waxhaw too. Free entertainment and a great way to unwind at the end of a long week.