As per usual, I’ve been craving the cooler fall weather and comfort foods these last two weeks so I thought it would be fun to dedicate my top 10 on the 10th to food this month! I mean, seriously, can you ever have too many great recipes? Exactly. I hope you enjoy this list of our favorite fall comfort foods as much as we do!
10. Fettuccine Alfredo – Supposedly this is “skinny” fettuccine alfredo. I guess in comparison to regular alfredo it is skinny, but in reality it’s still over 700 yummy calories per serving.
9. Ham & Apple Butter Panini – A yummy, easy fall dinner (and a fun way to use some of those apples you picked)!
8. Roasted Cauliflower and Aged White Cheddar Soup – This one takes some time because you actually roast the cauliflower, but that roasted flavor is so worth it. Yumm-y!
7. Grilled Sausage and Pimento Cheese Grits – It is rare that I will eat meat that isn’t chopped, diced or hidden into a casserole, so the fact that this is one of our favorite meals speaks volumes. If you’re craving breakfast for dinner this one will be on the table in 15 minutes!
6. Broccoli Cheddar Pot Pies – According to the recipe this is supposed to make 4 pot pies, but we typically use it to make 2 and it’s a good-sized dinner. Of course, if you wanted to switch up the veggies involved that would be super easy and you could also easily add in some meat.
5. Baked Chicken Parmesan Meatballs – We’ve made this one twice for ourselves and once for guests and it was a HUGE hit every time. Annie never disappoints!
4. Chicken Biscuit Pie – I modify this recipe slightly – instead of the using the yucky processed sodium bombs called soup, mix 1 cup of 2% milk with about 1/2 a block of softened cream cheese and 8oz of sour cream. We think it tastes creamier and cooks up better.
3. Baked Potato Soup – Tried and true – fall is not fall without baked potato soup. Just like the cauliflower soup, this one takes some time because you actually bake the potatoes, but I can promise you the taste is worth it.
2. Sour Cream Noodle Bake – In our house we call this “Ree’s Hamburger Helper” and yummy doesn’t even begin to describe!
1. Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins – These muffins are my new favorite breakfast addiction. The recipe makes 24, and they freeze up beautifully. I just pop one out of the freezer straight into the microwave for 25 seconds on 1/2 power and then savor every crumb.
Happy Fall Y’all! And here’s a horrible instagram pic of my muffin from breakfast this morning – sorry for no great food photos, this stuff is too yummy to let it get cold waiting for photos!